Blog Sections

Post Titles

October 21, 2009

Weeds into Gardens

Caught in a web of troubled thoughts, I am drawn to philosophical words  that I read recently...

When a dog starts with weeds, he winds up with weeds.
But that’s not true with human beings. Humans can turn weeds into gardens.

Humans can do remarkable things because they are remarkable. Try reaching down inside of yourself; you’ll come up with some of those remarkable human gifts. They’re there, waiting to be discovered and employed.

So what can I do, starting today, that will make a difference?

You can’t change what's happened; nor control others' behaviour. But you certainly can change your responses to them.
  • If you don’t like how something is going for you, change it.
  • If something isn’t enough, change it.
  • If something doesn’t suit you, change it.
  • If you don’t like your present address, change it—you’re not a tree!
You don’t ever have to be the same after today.


Everyone you meet is fighting some battle or the other.
Be kinder than you feel is necessary.

This truth hits me again and again, as I encounter individuals struggling with problems much bigger than mine. Am I being sensitive enough, kind enough? Or am I too engrossed in myself?

Thoughts Attributed to
Everyone thinks of changing the world
but no one thinks of changing himself.
 Leo Tolstoy
If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly
our whole life would change.
Buddha
Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you
they're supposed to help you discover who you are.
Bernice Johnson Reagon
I will not say I failed a thousand times
I will say I discovered a thousand ways that cause failure,
before succeeding.
Thomas Alva Edison
If you judge people,
you have no time to love them.
Mother Teresa
How we spend our days is, of course,
how we spend our lives.
Annie Dillard

No comments:

Your Comments

This is an interactive blog, so feel free to comment on any post.
How to Comment
Click on [comments] which is on the grey bar below the Post. A Comments Window will open. Write what you wish. When you are done, click on [Post Comment].
Comments will be published below the post, normally in 48 hours.

Enter your Email-id to Get Free Blogposts in your Inbox

Enter Email-id:

Your Email-id will never be shared, but used only for posts from this blog to your inbox.

World News