Blog Sections

Post Titles

April 01, 2009

Rambling Rose

Here I go rambling on the first day of April ...

Today I feel philosophical. Is it because it is All Fools Day? Or because I woke up last night at 3 pm, with itchy mosquito bites and read Herodotus till my eyes ached. I like to think of him as the inspiration for  My Travel Page where I am blogging about my own rambles.

In one of his narratives, Herodotus (the most ancient Greek historian, born in 484 BC) writes about Solon the ancient Athenian statesman. Once, Solon snubbed King Croesus, the guy with enormous quantitites of gold in his treasuries, by telling him that his great wealth doesn't ensure his happiness. That made me feel better, because my financial balance sheet doesn't  look too good!

Three quotes for the Day
  • It doesn't matter much how much you have; what really matters is how much you experience.
  • One lives as long as one's memories are alive.
  • A happy person is one who has enough health, wealth and family; and above all - whose life ends well.
 Let me ramble on... hoping that my life too ends well.

No comments:

Your Comments

This is an interactive blog, so feel free to comment on any post.
How to Comment
Click on [comments] which is on the grey bar below the Post. A Comments Window will open. Write what you wish. When you are done, click on [Post Comment].
Comments will be published below the post, normally in 48 hours.

Enter your Email-id to Get Free Blogposts in your Inbox

Enter Email-id:

Your Email-id will never be shared, but used only for posts from this blog to your inbox.

World News